Explorations in Policing, Faith and Life (With a hint of humor, product reviews, news and whatever catches my attention)

Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Now That I Finally Have Time

 This year has been a bit of a milestone in my adult life.  First, on January 3 of this year I was promoted to Sergeant and by the luck of the schedule I was able to land on afternoons, basically skipping midnights, which is a gift for a not so young 50 year old.   The second is that I completed my PhD in June and the diploma is sitting in my living room (walk in the robes next week).  Third, the biggest jump in pay is from Sgt 1 pay to Sgt 2 pay after a year, which will be January 3 and I will have credit for 27 years of service January 8.  So unless a miracle happens and I can advance again next year it is time to go.  Currently I have a number of applications to criminal justice tenure track professorships in this state and in the south that all start August-September-October 2024.

I have been neglecting this blog simply because something had to give between working a more than full time job, a side job, full time school and not neglecting my family.    But now I have a little more time and will go back to regular posting.  The only difference is I will probably go away from long form posts and keep it short and sweet unless something grabs me.

So if your still out there come on back!



No comments: