I know that most people that enjoy my quirky blog that attempts to dwell at the intersection of law enforcement and faith while mainlining a full sense of humor are probably not wine lovers. But my wife and I have just started attending these once a month gourmet set menu dinners that emphasize course and wine pairings.
This time it was sparkling wine. Here is the list of the ones that we really enjoyed. You're safe from another blog entry like this for two months till we go to the beer/whisky dinner.
- Vouvray Petillant, Loire, Brut NV Chenin Blanc
- Billcart Salmon, Champagne, Brut Reserve NV
- Graham Beck, Sparkling, South Africa, Brut Rose NV
- 2009 Lini Labrusca Rosso Emilia
- Gruet Demi Sec, Sparkling, New Mexico, NV
2 Samuel 16:2
The king asked Ziba, “Why have you brought these?” Ziba answered, “The donkeys are for the king’s household to ride on, the bread and fruit are for the men to eat, and the wine is to refresh those who become exhausted in the wilderness.”