Explorations in Policing, Faith and Life (With a hint of humor, product reviews, news and whatever catches my attention)

Monday, February 28, 2011

Video Games-Saving the world one pixel at a time.

I belong to the first generation that could call itself "gamers".  I was eight years old when in Maryland my Dad came home with an Atari 2600 for Christmas.  I have been playing games ever since...trust me my parents never understood, and well since I am racing to become an old man, my kids didn't know that there was ever a time when there were no video games.  So I am stuck in the middle with you...but I digress.

I have always thought that the gamers, the games and all the designers had much more potential than what was being utilized.  But I never went beyond that thought.  But Jane McGonigal did and below is a presentation that she did for the TED Speaking series.  Enjoy...and you gotta love TED.



Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world




I always knew that my trigger thumb would take over the WORLD!

No comments: