Explorations in Policing, Faith and Life (With a hint of humor, product reviews, news and whatever catches my attention)

Friday, December 31, 2010

Gothic New Years Eve

In 2007 I was in the basement of Macy's walking through their wine department looking for something different to bring over to a friends house for their New Years Eve party.  I stumbled into a section and discovered a sparkling Shiraz.  It is a traditional bottle fermented sparkling wine ( Champagne is a sparkling wine from a specific region of France).  Since most people's experience with anything red and bubbling is a super sweet wine they are always taken aback by it bold and very dry flavors.  It is a tradition in Australia and now in our home.

I do have to admit it feels a little like Gothic New Years Eve when I put up my glass to toast everyone in attendance and their clear little yellow wine is off set by my dark red bubbling glass.

Cheers, to a new year.  May God continue to bless you and your family in 2011.





Jeremiah 29:11 
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments: