Explorations in Policing, Faith and Life (With a hint of humor, product reviews, news and whatever catches my attention)

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Best Video Games Ever




I have been asked a few times (well more than a few) why at 37 yoa I am still playing video games. Well other than running long distances (11+ miles) or taking whirlpool baths hotter than what is considered healthy in Bulgaria, that is the only thing that allows me to escape. Individuals in Police work in general and, well me, in particular, tend to dwell on evil, what is missing in this imperfect world and all the countless opportunities that I have missed in helping the millions of the world's victims. This creates a certain level of stress and toxicity that is not healthy for me or my family, or my relationship with the LORD, so I play video games, run and take hot hot hot baths....

Anyway here are the best games that I ever played. The games that allowed me to focus on their completion and not on all the random problems of my life and the world in general.

1. Final Fantasy VII
2. Resident Evil 2
3. Metal Gear Solid
4. Grim Fandango
5. Silent Hill
6. ICO
7. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
8. Resident Evil 4
9. Final Fantasy XII
10. Devil May Cry
11. Shadow of the Colossus




Ecclesiastes 4:3
But better than both is he who has not yet been, who has not seen the evil that is done under the sun.

No comments: