Explorations in Policing, Faith and Life (With a hint of humor, product reviews, news and whatever catches my attention)

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Nothing in isolation



Well after three false starts I finally have my modem and I can get back to blogging. You gotta love At&t, they can mess even the simplest things up.

Anyway, I was reading in the Chicago Tribune about the growing scandal concerning Oral Robert's University and the suspected pilfering by his son and daughter-in-law (Richard and Lindsey Roberts) (article link in sidebar). This controversy again reminded me that sin is not a personal act but rather an action that has a corporate affect.

When you take a personal, moral and ethical stand as a follower of Christ you are being watched to see if what you profess matches what you do. I wonder how many will use the failure of the Roberts family as an excuse to reject the message they professed.

No one is prefect and Christ is needed for everyone due to that fact. However nothing goes unseen and sin has a wave of effect that radiates out from the sinner and makes it to all the edges of the pond. I wonder if we take into account the ramifications not only to ourselves but the affect on others would we still commit that sinful act of pleasure.

A convicted moral stand begets responsibility beyond who you directly affect.


Proverbs 14:34 Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people.

No comments: