Explorations in Policing, Faith and Life (With a hint of humor, product reviews, news and whatever catches my attention)

Monday, November 19, 2007

Mercy Me


My wife and I in the company of two of our friends went up into Wisconsin on Saturday to attend the Mercy Me concert. What a great experience. I was very pleased that Mercy Me sounds live just like they sound on their CDs, a rear feat these days.
How refreshing and battery recharging to go to a social activity in a Christian environment. I would recommend a Mercy Me concert to anyone.

The Christian life is not simply an exercise in worship on a Sunday or simply an accuse to separate oneself from all of life's tasks. Rather it is the ultimate joining of the four tasks of life (Worship, Work, Leisure and Family) for a higher purpose. It's sad that I have to remind myself now and again that leisure is an integral part because of my over focus on the other three.

So go out there and have fun.

John 15:15
I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

Jesus is the ultimate friend among many many other things. How much more important is your Godly interactions with your other friends knowing that Jesus is part of that group.

No comments: