Explorations in Policing, Faith and Life (With a hint of humor, product reviews, news and whatever catches my attention)

Monday, September 17, 2007

Monday Quick Shot




A number of my fellow officers are considering going to the Kel-Tek .380 as an off duty gun. I have placed its dimensions with the handgun that I currently use as secondary weapon on duty and as an off duty carry. The Glock 27 (40cal). With off duty weapons, size does matter and my Glock is just a little to big to just place into a pocket and go. However Glock is a well crafted weapon with very few misfires and I have had no maintenance problems with it for ten years. Will have to keep tabs on this Kel-Tec.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
GLOCK 27 .40
CALIBER.40
WEIGHT 19.75 oz. LOADED 26.98 oz.
LENGTH 6.29 in.
HEIGHT 4.17 in.
MAG. CAPACITY Standard: 9
WIDTH 1.18 in.
TRIGGER PULL 5.5 lbs.
LINE OF SIGHT 5.67 in.
BARREL LENGTH 3.46 in.

Kel-Tek
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Calibers : .380 AUTO
Weight unloaded lbs. : 8.3 oz.
Loaded magazine : 2.8 oz.
Length : 5.2"
Height : 3.5"
Width : .77"
Capacity :
6 + 1 rounds
Trigger Pull : 5lbs

No comments: